If you are looking to downsize your personal property, empty a house or just sell a few items, we would be happy to meet with you for a free consultation to determine which of the services below best fits your needs:
Providing planning and meticulous attention to detail by knowledgeable and experienced estate sale professionals. Our team provides all of the resources necessary to conduct a full-service, turn-key estate sale:
- Consulting with homeowners, family, or executors prior to the sale to determine best method to dispose of estate property to maximize value for client
- Researching independently and consulting with our experts to set prices
- Providing a comprehensive Estate Contract clearly setting forth terms of agreement for client’s protection
- Sorting and organizing merchandise
- Turning your home into a showroom, staging & displaying merchandise attractively to catch the eye and sell quickly and placing smaller & more valuable items in specially located and staffed cases
- Marketing the sale – from notification of our network of contacts in the real estate and antiques community, to distributing flyers, to placing targeted advertisements on Craigs List, the Washington Post, and Gazette and placing posters.
- Conducting the sale – providing a secure and appealing sales environment with pleasant personnel available to assist customers, prevent theft, ensure speedy check out and accurate bookkeeping and having materials & assistance available for packing and carrying items for customers
- Post-sale clean-up and donation or online sales of unsold merchandise
If for some reason an estate sale is not desired or appropriate we can sell your items on consignment, either online or in other venues. From one item to hundreds, we would be happy to sell your vintage, collectible or antique items on a commission basis. Our services include:
- Free in home consultation;
- Providing a comprehensive Consignment Agreement to protect your rights and setting clear terms of consignment.
- Photographing & enhancing photos to show your items to their best potential
- Researching provenance so as to best market and price your items
- Answering all potential bidder questions & inquiries
- Packing and shipping items to purchasers
- Providing a detailed spreadsheet showing gross proceeds, costs and net proceeds.
Direct Purchase of antiques, partial or entire estates:
We understand that sometimes family exigencies or desires, such as the sale of a home or desire for money in hand, make a rapid turnover or immediate emptying of a home desirable. Also, perhaps the estate contents are not numerous enough to warrant a full public sale or the family would just like to sell a few things. In those instances we would be happy to work with our clients to determine a reasonable price for a direct purchase and provide immediate pick up and clean out services if necessary.
Staging and Decorating:
Given my love of vintage design and interiors, I am happy to help with any decorating or design job. From staging your home for sale, to picking colors and rearranging furniture, or shopping for that special antique piece or look you've been searching for, we can help make your dreams come true. My own home, which I decorated entirely myself using almost all vintage items from estate and yard sales, has been featured on HGTV and in the May 2010 Better Homes and Gardens magazine. FREE consultation to see if I can meet your needs.
Where a household needs to be cleaned out for a closing or sale, we can arrange for the clean out of items for sale/donation or trash depending on the contents or situation.